Thursday, June 3, 2010

Likes and Dislikes of Life

I was looking at some blogs from the World Race page, and I came across one by a guy named Matthew Snyder and I completely agree with it and wanted to share it...

"i don't like it when passions become burdens.
i don't like it when things that made my spirit soar now make me frustrated.
i don't like it when brick walls shadow over me.
i don't like it when i'm told I can't.
i don't like it when i'm challenged.
i don't like it when i'm not challenged.
i don't like mundane things.
i don't like the ordinary.
i don't like settling for 'getting by'.
i don't like submitting to mediocrity.
i don't like it when others die.
i don't like it when dreams shrivel.
i don't like it when hope is lost.
i don't like it when defeat overcomes victory.
i don't like lack of provision or good things.
i don't like paralysis or lack of empathy.
i don't like forgetting what motivates me.

so what do i like?

i like it when heaven invades earth.
i like it when passion bubbles from within.
i like it when i'm alive.
i like it when i'm doing things that make me infectious with joy.
i like it when i'm part of something bigger.
i like it when i'm challenged to be better.
i like it when i get to create.
i like it when dreams become reality.
i like it when i see transformed lives.
l like it when i get to walk on foreign soil.
i like it when i make people laugh.
i like it when His provision isn't hopeful, but tangible.
i like it when i get to touch the world first-hand.
i like it when i experience the Father's love.
i like it when i'm His vessel."

2 comments:

  1. "I don't like mundane things, I don't like ordinary"

    Check out Luke 19:11 ff. especially verse 17:
    "And he said to him, 'Well done, good slave, because you have been faithful in a very little thing, you are to be in authority over ten cities.'"

    Usually it is the small things we are called to be faithful in, before we are entrusted with the big and exciting. It is the ordinary and mundane that we need to find joy in, that is part of something bigger, in which we have to be creative. God uses the ordinary and mundane things of life to transform us and show us His love. We need to let Him use us where He has us.

    I'm not saying that we shouldn't set goals for ourselves or have dreams, but I often find myself thinking, "If only I were _________, then I could really love and serve Christ." With this mentality I have missed so many opportunities to joyfully serve the people right around me where I am now.

    Don't settle for "getting by", find joy and serve Christ in every part of you life.

    Love you girl!

    ~Sally :)

    BTW great idea starting a blog...I'm looking forward to hearing what God has in store for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sally!

    Great to hear from you. Ya know, you are definitely right. I agree. I guess when I think of ordinary, I think of the phrase "don't settle for ordinary." I feel like there are a lot of people that do settle for an ordinary life rather than following after their God-given dreams and having a more fulfilling life. Me and Luke actually just had a conversation about this last weekend. So I guess we just have to find a balance between not settling for less than what God has for us, and wishing for other than what He has planned. If that makes any sense... :)

    Love you too! :)

    ReplyDelete