Monday, May 24, 2010

It's All Gonna Be Ok

Today I downloaded a song from iTunes. I don’t do that very often, because I’m poor. But when I was online and came across the song “Embrace” by Jake Hamilton, I had to have it…

“It’s all gonna be ok…”

“I wanna feel your embrace, I wanna feel your arms around me. I wanna feel your heart beating next to mine.”

“It’s all gonna be ok…”

Lately I feel like my emotions are constantly changing, with all of the trials life brings. Whether it’s stuff with my family, or feelings of loneliness, or apprehension about leaving Lafayette and moving to Alberta for at least a year, or the fear of the unknown, or whatever else, I feel like there is always something hitting me and keeping me from placing my complete trust in God and his love for me. Why do I have such a hard time trusting?

I don’t know how many times I’ve read the verse in Romans that tells us that God works everything together for the good of those who love him, yet for some reason it doesn’t sink in. I know it in my head, and I’ll be the first one to remind someone else who is going through a hard time of this verse, yet for some reason it’s hard for me to fully comprehend and believe that it is true when it comes to my own life.

Well, needless to say, I want this to change. I am hoping that this song that I downloaded will be a good reminder that it IS all going to be ok, because God will cause everything to work together for good for those who love him. And I love him. So that means, it’s all gonna be ok.

“Relax, everything’s going to be all right; rest, everything’s coming together; open your hearts, love is on the way!” Jude 1:2 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment